Quote of the day
AAMUSTED LibCat ( Library Catalog) is a web-based system that provides access to the library's collection of books, periodicals, and other materials. This guide will help you understand how to use LibCat (Library Catalog) to search and locate resources at Aamusted Library.
Purpose of AAMUSTED LibCat
- Search for books and other resources in Aamusted Library's collection
- View availability and location of resources
- Place a hold or reserve on a resource
- Renew borrowed resources
- Access your library account information
Using AAMUSTED LibCat
LibCat can be accessed from any internet-connected device
- Use your library card or index number and PIN to access your account
- Always log out of your account when finished
- Books and other resources can be borrowed for a maximum of 14 days
- Renewals are possible if no one else has placed a hold on the resource
- Overdue resources will incur fines
Using LibCat to Search for Resources
To search for resources, simply enter your search terms into the search bar on the LibCat homepage. You can also use the advanced search option to refine your search criteria. Once you have found the resource you are looking for, you can view its availability and location in the library.
Placing a Hold or Reserve on a Resource
If a resource is currently checked out, you can place a hold or reserve on it. Once the resource is available, you will be notified via email or phone. You can then pick up the resource at the library circulation desk.
Renewing Borrowed Resources
You can renew borrowed resources online through your LibCat account. To renew a resource, simply login to your account and select the item you wish to renew. If no one else has placed a hold on the resource, it will be renewed for an additional 14 days.
Kindly contact us at aamusted.edu.gh/library for further details.